What are your happiness anchor points?Jan 10, 2023
Sat in a cosy Spanish bar whilst the rain was almost horizontal, Jules and I discussed our Happiness Anchor Points…
These are our thoughts, memories and experiences that will always put a smile on our face.
We both made and compared our lists as I ordered another round of steaming hot café con leches…
And you know what? Simple and cheap - that’s what each of our Happiness Anchor Points are.
Here are a few of Jules’s:
- When my husband makes me laugh so much I want to cry funny tears
- Sitting on the terrace when it’s raining, or there’s a lightning storm
- A super moon
- The gift of lemons, limes, and pomegranates from friends who have so many growing in their garden they want to share
- Seeing beautiful birds flying free - like parrots and big birds or a cloud of pink flamingos
And here a some of mine:
- Driving over a hilltop to the best view of the ocean I’ve ever seen
- Giving just one piece of advice that changes someone’s life for the better
- Trying a new tapas dish
- Jules introducing me to the names and new scents of plants and flowers around us
- 1 am - watching the moon on the ocean as I hear the waves crash on the shore
Here’s the thing about these - they can be the simplest things in life that bring us the most joy.
And yet we spend much of our lives looking at and dwelling on the negative. Granted, the media has much to do with that, but we have a choice…
We can decide to buy into their bleak, controlling bullshit - or we can lift our heads and start looking for the good around us.
Easier said than done?
That’s why we have Happiness Anchor Points, things we can go back to that will ground us and remind us that we have only ONE LIFE, which doesn’t have to be complicated.
When was the last time you disconnected from the ‘Always On’ culture and took a look around at the beautiful world we live in?
Try today, even for an hour or two - leave the phone in the car or at home and get out there. It doesn’t matter if it’s freezing or lashing down; get wrapped up and reconnect with real life.
And then afterwards, sit down and make a list of your Happiness Anchor Points. You never know when you might need them.
Have a great day ❤️
Want more inspiration like this?
Hop on the mailing list and receive the latest news, views and blogs from ONE LIFE.
We 100% respect your privacy. We'll never share your information with anyone else.